Larger Map / Directions
Address & Phone
300 South Parker
Marine City, Michigan 48039
Phone: (810) 765-5233
Fax: (810) 765-4376
Mon., Tues., Wed., Thurs. 9:00 - 8
Fri., & Sat 9:00 - 5
Marine City Event Calendar Friends of Marine City Library
A Brief History. . .
The Marine City Library which serves a population of over 4,500 residents got its start in 1889 through the Ladies Library Association. The first library was housed in the City Hall at Main Street and Broadway. In 1919, the City assumed responsibility for the operation of the library, and it was relocated in 1939 to the Newport Academy at Washington and Main Streets.
The Marine City Library became part of the St. Clair County Library in 1967. A newly constructed library was opened in 1983 thanks to the generous support from Mr. and Mrs. Louis R. Miller and other donors. That same community spirit of giving is reflected in the dynamic library today which provides a wealth of programs and materials for the public.